Diwali (also called Divali or Deepavali) is a “festival of lights” that celebrates the triumph of light over dark and good over evil, and the blessings of victory, freedom, and enlightenment. The name comes from Sanksrit dipavali, meaning “row of lights.” On the night of Diwali, celebrants … read more.
What’s UUp @ First U
- Coat Drive for CLCM It may have taken a while for fall to arrive, but you know winter will be following along soon… so it’s time for CLCM’s annual Coat Drive! Their BIG Coat Give-Away is taking place on Oct. 23. If you have a gently used coat that you can give away, bring it to the CLCM office ...
- Make a Difference — October Homelessness Project Our October Project is to encourage all members and friends to donate coats to CLCM’s BIG Coat Give-Away, described above. On Sunday, October 13, the Committee will be collecting coats for the Give-Away. Save yourself a trip and the committee will deliver your coats to CLCM office when they’re open during the week. Collection goes ...
- New to UU Session Coming Soon! Are you new to First Unitarian? Are you wondering what it means to be Unitarian Universalist? Would you like to know what it means to be part of a liberal, religious congregation in a bright, red state? Join with the Rev. Lori Kyle for a session that will answer all your questions… well, as many as ...
- Community Problems Assembly-- CLOUT
- October 22, 2019 6:30 pm
- CLCM Coat Give-Away
- October 23, 2019 9:30 am
- The Economic Case for Medicare for All - Professor Gerald Friedman
- October 24, 2019 7:00 pm
- Donate Food and Personal Items to CLCM
- November 3, 2019 11:00 am
- First Sunday Lunch
- November 3, 2019 12:00 pm
- New to UU class
- November 3, 2019 12:15 pm
- Women's Alliance Fall Meeting
- November 9, 2019 10:00 am