Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPs)
Please join the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans of First Unitarian Church or CUUPs, as we celebrate the Turning of the Wheel of the Year with our Sabbat Celebrations and explore Earth Centered Spiritualities in our twice monthly classes.
Sabbat Circles are open to the public and anyone with a positive path is welcome. Our Celebrations are held at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Louisville.
- Imbolc - January 28, 2018 - A time of new beginnings and setting intention for moving forward
- Ostara - March 18, 2018- Welcome Spring
- Beltane- April 29 , 2018 -
- Midsummer - Midsummer class on Wednesday June 6, 2018 There will be no potluck for this Celebration.
- Lammas / Lughnasadh - Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - There will be no potluck for this celebration
- Autumn Equinox - Mabon September 2018 - Potlick dinner - please bring food to share.
- Samhain - October 2018 - Join us as we celebrate the third "harvest" festival when the veil is thin and we remember our ancestors and those that have gone before.
- Yule / Winter Solstice - December 2018
Our Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night (unless otherwise noted.) Doors open at 5:30 PM and Circle starts at 6PM. A potluck dinner follows around 7 PM so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
In addition to community and fellowship, we offer classes. Our classes are a blend of lecture and discussion with seekers, those new to the path, and experienced practitioners in attendance. We host a variety of topics that have included Four Cornerstones of Magick, Sabbat Lore/Traditions, Beginning Meditation, Divination, Herbal Magick and many other topics.
We are currently using a Pagan curriculum with subjects that have included - Personal Altars, God/Goddesses, Tarot Divination, Candle Magick and many others.
Classes are on the first and third Wednesday of each Month. Each week we discuss topics that are independent of each other so drop in when you are able to join us.
Classes meet from 7:00pm until about 8:30pm. Upcoming classes include:
January 3 - Astral Projection - How do I get from here to there. A guide for travel.
January 17 - Imbolc class and ritual planning
February 7 - Palm reading, scrying and Phrenology
February 21 - Cord Magic
March 7 - Ostara class and ritual planning
March 21 - Enerby Movement and Reike
April 4 - Familiars and totem animals
April 18 - Tarot card reading and Runes
May 2 - There will be no class - It's Derby Week
May 16th - Midsummer class and ritual planning
CUUPs is a free and open community of people who practice earth-based spiritualities. We are here for the Pagan community, therefore: There is no charge to attend Circles or Wednesday evening classes.
For more information, please email us at cuups [at] firstulou.org
*Poor Weather closings for our classes will follow the Jefferson County Public School closing decisions. If the public schools are closed we will not have classes for the CUUPs Group.