Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPs)
The Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans of First Unitarian Church or CUUPs celebrates the “Turning of the Wheel of the Year” with our Sabbat Celebrations and we explore Earth-Centered Spirituality in our twice monthly classes.
Sabbat Circles are open to the public and anyone with a positive path is welcome. Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night (unless otherwise noted.) Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and Circle starts at 6 p.m. A potluck dinner follows around 7 p.m. so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
- September 15th – Autumn Equinox /Mabon
- October 20th – Samhain
- December 15th – Yule
- January 26th, 2020 – Imbolc
- March 15th, 2020 – Ostara
*Our Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night (unless otherwise noted.) Doors open at 5:30 PM and Circle starts at 6PM. A potluck dinner follows around 7 PM so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
In addition to community and fellowship, we offer classes. Our classes are a blend of lecture and discussion with seekers, those new to the path, and experienced practitioners in attendance. We host a variety of topics that have included Four Cornerstones of Magick, Sabbat Lore/Traditions, Beginning Meditation, Divination, Herbal Magick and many other topics.
We are currently using a Pagan curriculum with subjects that have included – Personal Altars, God/Goddesses, Tarot Divination, Candle Magick and many others.
Classes are on the first and third Wednesday of each Month. Each week we discuss topics that are independent of each other so drop in when you are able to join us.
Classes meet from 7:00pm until about 8:30pm. Upcoming classes include:
- August 21 – We began a series on the fundamentals of Wiccan practice. This series will continue in various dates this fall and winter.
- September 4 – Class discussion on the Celebration of the Autumn Equinox / Mabon. Planning of the public ritual on September 15th.
- Saturday September 7th – Pagan Pride Day Celebration at the Brown-Forman Amphitheater area – River Road, Louisville Web: louisvillepaganpride.org
- September 18 – We will continue with our class on the fundamentals of Wiccan practice. This discussion class will be a question and answer “Ask a Witch.” What is your Wiccan IQ?
- October 2nd – We will continue with our class on the fundamentals of Wiccan practice. This discussion class will be a question and answer “Ask a Witch.” What is your Wiccan IQ?
- October 16th – We will be discussing the third harvest and the celebration of Samhain (pronounced Sow-in). It is a time of the blood harvest when the veil is thin between the worlds.
- November 6th – Fundamentals of Wiccan practice. This series will continue in various dates this fall and winter.
- November 20th – A class with a special guest speaker. This class will be an Intro to Essential Oils.
- December 4th – We will be discussing the Yule Holiday and the Winter Solstice. It is the time of the returning Sun.
- December 18th – There will be no class on December 18th. We wish you all a Merry Yule Season.
CUUPs is a free and open community of people who practice earth-based spirituality. We are here for the Pagan community, therefore: There is no charge to attend Circles or Wednesday evening classes.
For more information, please email us at [email protected]
*Poor Weather closings for our classes will follow the Jefferson County Public School closing decisions. If the public schools are closed we will not have classes for the CUUPs Group.