Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans (CUUPs)
Please join the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans of First Unitarian Church or CUUPs, as we celebrate the Turning of the Wheel of the Year with our Sabbat Celebrations and explore Earth Centered Spiritualities in our twice monthly classes.
Sabbat Circles are open to the public and anyone with a positive path is welcome. Our Celebrations are held at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Louisville.
- Imbolc - February 3, 2019 - A time of new beginnings and having faith in that which you cannot see
- Ostara - March 24, 2019- Welcome Spring
- Beltane- April 28 , 2019 - May Day!! Dance the Maypole!
- Midsummer - Midsummer class on Wednesday June 5, 2019 There will be no potluck for this Celebration.
- Lammas / Lughnasadh - Wednesday, August 7, 2019 - There will be no potluck for this celebration
- Autumn Equinox - September, 23 2018 - We are back to Sunday Celebrations - Potlick dinner following Ritual- please bring food to share. See below for times.*
- Samhain - October 21, 2018 - Join us as we celebrate the third "harvest" festival when the veil is thin and we remember our ancestors and those that have gone before.
- Yule / Winter Solstice - December 16th, 2018
*Our Sabbat Circles are held on Sunday night (unless otherwise noted.) Doors open at 5:30 PM and Circle starts at 6PM. A potluck dinner follows around 7 PM so please bring something to share with others and stay to enjoy conversation with those of a like mind.
In addition to community and fellowship, we offer classes. Our classes are a blend of lecture and discussion with seekers, those new to the path, and experienced practitioners in attendance. We host a variety of topics that have included Four Cornerstones of Magick, Sabbat Lore/Traditions, Beginning Meditation, Divination, Herbal Magick and many other topics.
We are currently using a Pagan curriculum with subjects that have included - Personal Altars, God/Goddesses, Tarot Divination, Candle Magick and many others.
Classes are on the first and third Wednesday of each Month. Each week we discuss topics that are independent of each other so drop in when you are able to join us.
Classes meet from 7:00pm until about 8:30pm. Upcoming classes include:
August 1 - Lammas Class and Ritual
August 15 - Sigils - Preparation and activation of these magical symbols
September 5 -
September 19- Discussion of the Autumn Equinox and preparation of the September 23rd Celebration
October 3 -
October 17 - Discussion of Samhain - The "third harvest" and ancestor rememberance
November 7th -
November 21 - There will be no class due to Thanksgiving Holiday on the 22nd
December 5th - Yule Class - Help build our ritual and take part in our Celebration on Dec 16th
December 19 -
Save the date for Louisville Pagan Pride Day - September 8, 2018 Brown Forman Ampitheater / Yellow Lawn Area on River Road, Louisville Waterfront.
CUUPs is a free and open community of people who practice earth-based spiritualities. We are here for the Pagan community, therefore: There is no charge to attend Circles or Wednesday evening classes.
For more information, please email us at cuups [at] firstulou.org
*Poor Weather closings for our classes will follow the Jefferson County Public School closing decisions. If the public schools are closed we will not have classes for the CUUPs Group.