Our Whole Lives | Sexuality Education
OWL facilitator training is happening this summer at UofL for 7th-12th grade June 20th -22nd.
OWL stands for Our Whole Lives, age appropriate education on sexuality. First U needs more people trained for this age group and we will pay for your training! We have funding for three people. You must be able to fully complete the training in order to receive certification, and you must be willing to be a facilitator for OWL in Spring of 2020 and/or 2021. Space is limited, so let’s jump on this! Details are below. Contact Loren at [email protected] if you are interested.
The OWL facilitator training provides accurate, developmentally appropriate information about a range of topics, including relationships, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual health, and cultural influences on sexuality. Additionally, it offers participants the opportunity to learn how to facilitate some of the most challenging topics with confidence and ease, a highly sought after skill in any career.
Here are the details:
- 2.5 day training:
- Grades 7th – 12th: June 20th – 22nd 2019
- Young Adult: June 23rd– 25th 2019
- Must commit to entire training to receive certification
- Nationally-recognized OWL
trainers Kathleen Baldwin and Mark Huffman
- Location: University of Louisville Student Activities Center, 2100 S. Floyd St.
- Cost: $300 per training (includes training, lunches and snacks, 7th-9th curriculum/Young Adult curriculum, certification)
- Contact: Riece Hamilton – [email protected]
We hope you can join us for this exciting opportunity. Space is limited, so reserve your spot ASAP!