Our Whole Lives | Sexuality Education
OWL stands for Our Whole Lives, age appropriate education on sexuality. First Unitarian Church is proud to offer these classes to its members and to the community at large. Each semester we offer a different class that ranges from Kindergarten-High School.
OUR WHOLE LIVES (OWL) Values:
Our Whole Lives helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, sexual health and behavior. With a holistic approach (PDF), Our Whole Lives provides accurate, developmentally appropriate information about a range of topics, including relationships, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, sexual health, and cultural influences on sexuality.
Our Whole Lives Offers
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
OWL for grades 4-6 is being planned for September-December 2022. The class meets on Sundays from 11am-12pm. Complete this registration form if you are interested in registering your child. Information will be sent to you.
For more information contact Loren Crawford at [email protected]